The following are some of the early wins from projects identified under the Economic Transformation Plan (ETP) launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak in Kuala Lumpur today.
1. LFoundry of Germany to relocate and invest in five Wafer Fabrication Plant in Kedah over 5 yrs. RM1.9bil estimated investment.
2. MYDIN to invest in 14 new branches over 3 yrs, valued at RM1 bil. Also assist small sundry shops via Project TUKAR
3. St.Regis to manage 208-room hotel, 160-unit residence on 2.2-acre site at KL Sentral. RM1.2bil investment over 1.4 mil sqr ft
4. Schlumberger opened Eastern Hemisphere Global Financial Servcs Hub in BU. Initiative to attract 100 new MNCs to KL
5. MAH awarded 25-yr concession to WCT, build and operate integrated complex at KLIA2. RM486 mil transport hub,mall,carpark.
6. Mubadala to collaborate with 1MDB, develop KL Int'l Financial District (KLIFD). RM26bil on 34-hectre near Jln Tun Razak
7. Premium Renewable Energy to build 5 bio-oil plants over 5 yrs. First will be at Lahad Datu, Sabah costing RM124mil.
8. Asia e-University appointed by MoHE as gateway for development of online & distance learning. GNI USD110mil expected.
9. Johor Premium Outlet at Genting Indahpura offers designer labels at less than retail price, 1st in SEA. Investment: RM150mil.
Source: etp_roadmap Twitter feeds